Chorizo & Pepper Frittata
Looking to start your day with a little spice? Try this fun frittata with any variety of chorizo sausage.
- 6 oz fresh chorizo sausage, casing removed
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 12 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro or parsley
- 4 oz queso fresco, crumbled
- Coat large nonstick skillet with ovenproof handle with cooking spray. Cook chorizo over medium heat, breaking into crumbles, until browned and cooked through, about 5 minutes. Pour off drippings. Add bell pepper to skillet; saute until softened, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Pour in eggs; mix lightly and sprinkle with cilantro. Gently scramble eggs over medium heat 1 minute. Cover and cook until eggs are almost set, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Uncover skillet; sprinkle with cheese. Broil about 6 inches away from heat until eggs are completely set in center, 2 to 3 minutes. Cut into wedges.
Calories from Fat 134 (44%)
(14%)Total Fat 9g
(40%)Saturated Fat 8g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 0g
Total Carbohydrate 4g
(0%)Dietary Fiber 0g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright 2015 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US-registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.