Chunky Lamb and Vegetable Soup
This hearty soup will make a second course unnecessary.
- 2 Tbs all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 lb lamb, boneless shoulder or leg, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 2 15 oz cans, diced tomatoes in juice
- 2 8 oz cans tomato sauce
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 large stalks celery, chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp dried basil leaves, crushed
- 2 cups water
- 1 10 oz package frozen green beans, partially thawed
- 1 10 oz package frozen sliced carrots, partially thawed
- 1 10 oz package frozen corn, partially thawed
- In large plastic bag, combine flour, garlic powder, pepper, and salt. Add lamb cubes; coat thoroughly with flour mixture.
- Heat oil in large pan. Add entire contents of bag and brown lamb cubes.
- Stir in diced tomatoes and juice, tomato sauce, onion, celery, bay leaf, basil, and water. Cover, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer covered for 1 hour. Add green beans, carrots, and corn; cover, and cook additional 10 minutes.
Calories from Fat 52 (24%)
(9%)Total Fat 6g
(8%)Saturated Fat 2g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 3g
Total Carbohydrate 28g
(25%)Dietary Fiber 6g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright 2015 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US-registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.