Cinnamon-Orange French Toast
Try a different type of bread, such as brioche, French or Italian. Add a splash of Grand Marnier to the egg mixture.
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 Tbs freshly grated orange peel
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 8 slices day-old cinnamon-raisin bread
- Heat oven to 375F. Beat eggs, orange juice, sugar, milk, orange peel, vanilla and nutmeg in medium bowl until blended.
- Place bread in 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan, overlapping as needed. Pour egg mixture over bread. Let stand, turning once, until liquid is absorbed, about 5 minutes.
- Place bread in single layer on 2 well-greased baking sheets. Bake in 375F oven, turning once, until browned on both sides, 20 to 25 minutes.
Calories from Fat 48 (23%)
(8%)Total Fat 5g
(8%)Saturated Fat 2g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 2g
Total Carbohydrate 33g
(6%)Dietary Fiber 2g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US-registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.