Coastal Spanish Paella
A one-pan party dish made for a large gathering--this quintessential Spanish dish also tastes wonderful with chicken, chorizo, or white fish.
- 1 package Spanish rice mix
- 1 can crushed tomatoes
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 4 cups thinly wedged yellow onion
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 6 oz cooked, shelled shrimp
- 8 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups frozen peas
- 2 Tbs lemon juice
- 1 tomato, cut into wedges
- 16 in-shell mussels (optional)
- 16 in-shell clams (optional)
- In large saucepan, prepare rice mix with tomatoes as package directs, but omit the margarine and use olive oil instead.
- Saute onion and pepper in 1 tablespoon olive oil until tender.
- Add shrimp and garlic; saute 3 minutes longer over medium heat.
- Add peas and lemon juice to rice. Cook just until peas are hot.
- Serve topped with tomato wedges and cooked shellfish, if desired.
Calories from Fat 63 (21%)
(11%)Total Fat 7g
(5%)Saturated Fat 1g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 4g
Total Carbohydrate 41g
(23%)Dietary Fiber 6g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright 2015 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US-registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.