Confetti Rice Pilaf
This recipe makes a pretty side dish for parties and get-togethers.
- 2 tsp olive oil
- ½ cup cubed or julienne carrots
- ½ cup cubed or julienne zucchini
- ½ cup cubed or julienne yellow squash
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup brown rice
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- ¼ tsp minced fresh rosemary leaves, or favorite herb
- Cook brown rice in chicken broth for about 45 minutes. Set aside uncovered.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add carrots, zucchini, squash and garlic; cook until vegetables are tender crisp.
- Stir in rice, pepper and rosemary. Cook until thoroughly heated.
Serving Tip: Makes a great side dish for grilled meats, poultry or seafood.
Preparation Tip: To julienne vegetables, slice diagonally. Cut each slice into matchstick-size strips.
Calories from Fat 20 (26%)
(4%)Total Fat 2g
(2%)Saturated Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 1g
Total Carbohydrate 12g
(6%)Dietary Fiber 2g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright 2015 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US-registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.