Corn & Lobster Chowder
Seafood chowder makes a comforting meal on a chilly evening. Serve with a small salad and crusty bread for a complete meal.
- 1 16 ounce bag frozen corn kernels (about 3 cups)
- 3 cups all-natural chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 2 large carrots, shredded (about 2 cups)
- 1 large baking potato, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes (about 2 cups)
- 1 tsp chopped fresh thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 cups whole milk
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 Tbs sherry
- 1 Tbs butter
- 3 cups cooked lobster meat, chopped (about 16 ounces- or the meat from 3 small lobsters)
- salt and pepper
- Combine the corn, broth, carrots, potato, thyme, and bay leaf in a large saucepan or Dutch oven and stir. Cover, and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer, covered, until the potatoes are tender, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the milk and flour in a medium bowl until well blended.
- When the potatoes are tender, stir in the milk mixture (re-whisk if necessary), sherry, butter, and lobster meat. Bring the soup back to a simmer, stirring constantly. Continue to simmer and stir gently until the soup thickens slightly, about 2 minutes.
- Remove the bay leaf and season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve in individual bowls with a piece of crusty bread and green salad on the side.
Recipe courtesy of the National Fisheries Institute
Calories from Fat 73 (22%)
(13%)Total Fat 8g
(20%)Saturated Fat 4g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 1g
Total Carbohydrate 35g
(14%)Dietary Fiber 3g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright 2015 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US-registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.