Country Style Turkey Pot Pie
This pot-pie will warm and comfort on a chilly night.
- 3 Tbs all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (4 ounces) unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup olives, whole, pitted
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 3 Tbs cold water
- 1 Tbs chopped scallions
- Filling3 Tbs unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) pearl onions, blanched and peeled
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tsp chopped thyme
- 2 cups turkey or chicken stock
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 2 Tbs chopped scallions
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 lb diced roasted turkey breast (1-inch chunks)
- 1 1/2 cup (6 ounces) new potatoes, diced (3/4-inch) and blanched
- 1 1/2 cup (6 ounces) carrots, peeled, cut into 1-inch chunks and blanched
- 1 1/2 cup (6 ounces) green beans, cut into 1-inch pieces and blanched
- 1 1/2 cup (6 ounces) olives, whole, pitted
- Pastry Combine flour, butter, olives, and salt in the bowl of a food processor. Pulse 3-4 times until just blended. Add cold water and scallions and process 20-30 seconds until dough comes together. Wrap pastry dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Roll dough out to 1/8-inch thick circle. Using a shallow (1 1/2 quart) casserole dish as your guide, cut pastry to fit over the top and set aside.
- Filling Melt butter in a medium-sized saucepot over medium heat. Add onions and cook for 3-4 minutes until just beginning to brown. Stir in flour and thyme and cook for 2-3 minutes over medium-low heat, stirring constantly. Whisk in stock, turn heat up to medium high and bring to a boil. Turn down to simmer, add cream, scallions, salt and pepper and cook for 3-5 minutes. Stir in turkey, potatoes, carrots, green beans and olives. Set aside. Pour filling into a shallow (1 1/2 quart) casserole dish. Cover with pastry, pressing around edges to seal. Cut six vents in the top of the pastry using the tip of a sharp knife. Bake in a 425-degree oven for 25-30 minutes until browned.
Calories from Fat 252 (51%)
(44%)Total Fat 29g
(79%)Saturated Fat 16g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 6g
Total Carbohydrate 48g
(23%)Dietary Fiber 6g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright 2015 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US-registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.