Crab Salad Nicoise
Crab replaces the tuna in this version of a classic French Nicoise salad.
- 4 medium boiling potatoes
- 1 lb. green beans, cut into 2-in. lengths
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 tlb. chives or green onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 6 cups torn butter lettuce leaves (1 head)
- 1 Ib. crabmeat
- 1/4 cup small ripe black olives
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- Cook potatoes in boiling water 30 minutes or until tender; drain and cool 10 minutes. Cut potatoes into 1-inch chunks and place in a shallow dish.
- Cook beans in boiling water 10 minutes or until tender; drain and cool 10 minutes. Add to potatoes. Combine oil, vinegar, chives, salt and pepper in a small jar with tight-fitting lid. Shake well and pour two thirds of the dressing over potatoes, and beans.
- Refrigerate, covered, 2 hours or up to 24 hours, stirring occasionally.
- To serve, arrange lettuce on four plates and spoon potato/string bean mixture on top. Divide crabmeat among the plates and garnish with olives and tomatoes. Drizzle remaining dressing on top.
Recipe courtesy of the National Fisheries Institute
Calories from Fat 183 (39%)
(32%)Total Fat 21g
(14%)Saturated Fat 3g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 14g
Total Carbohydrate 43g
(30%)Dietary Fiber 7g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright 2015 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US-registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.