The tartness of the cranberries contrasts wonderfully with the sweetness of the apples. Easy to prepare. Enjoy it with a scoop of frozen lowfat vanilla yogurt or ice cream.
- 3 cups cranberries, fresh or frozen, coarsley chopped
- 3 cups apples, unpeeled, cored and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup sugar, white
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 Tbs lemon juice
- 1 Tbs flour
- 3 Tbs brown sugar, packed
- 3 Tbs flour, unbleached
- 3/4 cup rolled oats, regular or quick
- 3 Tbs margarine, melted
- Preheat oven to 375F (190C).
- In a large bowl, combine cranberries, apples, sugar, cinnamon, lemon juice and 1 Tbsp (8g) flour. Transfer mixture to 9-inch (20cm) square or oval baking dish that has been sprayed with vegetable oil spray.
- In a small bowl, combine topping ingredients. Mix throughly with a fork. Sprinkle over fruit mixture.
- Bake 40 minutes or until top is lightly browned and apples are tender when pierced with a fork.
Calories from Fat 64 (22%)
(11%)Total Fat 7g
(11%)Saturated Fat 2g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 3g
Total Carbohydrate 56g
(26%)Dietary Fiber 6g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US-registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.