Crispy Potatoes and Turnips
This recipe goes beyond French fries. Roasting rather than frying the potatoes lends flavor without adding excess fat calories.
- 3 turnips, peeled and cubed
- 3 russet potatoes, scrubbed and cubed
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 4 Tbs olive oil
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- Salt and pepper to taste (sea salt if on a corn-free diet*)
- Heat oven to 375F (190C). Toss turnips, potatoes and garlic with olive oil until coated and season with rosemary, salt and pepper. Scatter vegetables in a single layer on a cookie sheet and bake about 30 minutes to 1 hour, or until browned yet tender inside. Turn the vegetables occasionally with a spatula or by shaking the pan.
* Allergy notes: People following a corn-free diet should avoid iodized salt since it contains dextrose, which should be avoided by those allergic to corn.
Calories from Fat 123 (33%)
(21%)Total Fat 14g
(9%)Saturated Fat 2g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 10g
Total Carbohydrate 57g
(31%)Dietary Fiber 8g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright 2015 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US-registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.