Crunchy Chinese Pork Salad
- 4 slices bacon
- 3/4 lb cubed cooked pork
- 6 cups torn iceberg lettuce
- 1 8-ounce can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 3 Tbs soy sauce
- 2 Tbs honey
- 1 Tbs catsup
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- 1 3-ounce can chow mein noodles
- Salad:In a large skillet, cook bacon till crisp; drain and crumble bacon. In a large bowl combine bacon, pork, lettuce, water chestnuts and green onions. Cover and refrigerate 2-3 hours.
- Dressing:In a screw-top jar combine soy sauce, honey, catsup and dry mustard. Cover and shake well. Chill.
- To Serve:At serving time, add dressing and chow mein noodles to salad, tossing lightly to coat. Serve immediately.
Recipe courtesy of the National Pork Board
Calories from Fat 241 (48%)
(41%)Total Fat 27g
(39%)Saturated Fat 8g
Polyunsaturated Fat 6g
Monounsaturated Fat 10g
Total Carbohydrate 33g
(14%)Dietary Fiber 4g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US-registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.