Crusty Almond Lamb Rack Chops
Delight everyone at your dinner table with this nutty twist on lamb chops.
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp lemon pepper
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2/3 cup Japanese-style (panko) bread crumbs
- 2/3 cup toasted almonds, ground
- 2 lamb racks, trimmed
- 1 egg white
- 1 Tbs water
- In medium skillet, heat oil over medium heat; cook garlic with lemon pepper, cumin, and salt. In small bowl, mix bread crumbs and almonds. Add to skillet and cook until light golden-brown; set aside.
- Place lamb, bone-side down, on rack in roasting pan.
- In small bowl, beat together egg white and water, brush on top of lamb. Pat crumb mixture on each lamb rack.
- Roast in 375ºF oven to desired degree of doneness: 145ºF for medium-rare, 160ºF for medium, or 170ºF for well. Allow lamb to stand for 10 minutes before serving. Internal temperature will rise about 10 degrees.
Calories from Fat 457 (72%)
(79%)Total Fat 51g
(107%)Saturated Fat 21g
Polyunsaturated Fat 4g
Monounsaturated Fat 23g
Total Carbohydrate 9g
(7%)Dietary Fiber 2g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US-registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.