Need something fast and filling for the family? Pork hash gets a festive Cuban flavor with this recipe.
- 1 lb ground pork, 90% lean
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 cup white onion, chopped
- 2 cups new potatoes, cooked, cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 1 1/4 cups tomatillo (green) salsa
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 1/4 cup queso fresco cheese, crumbled
- Heat olive oil over medium heat in a large skillet; add onion and saute for about 5 minutes. Add ground pork, breaking into crumbles with the back of a spoon and turning frequently until browned on all sides. Add potatoes, salsa and corn; stir and cook 8-10 minutes or until heated through.Fold in cilantro and sprinkle with cheese. Serve immediately.
Recipe courtesy of the National Pork Board
Calories from Fat 137 (38%)
(23%)Total Fat 15g
(30%)Saturated Fat 6g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 0g
Total Carbohydrate 27g
(12%)Dietary Fiber 3g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright 2015 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US-registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.