Cubano Pork Appetizer Skewers and Cilantro-Citrus Dip
Have all the flavors of a Cuban sandwich as a kabob. These skewers make a tasty addition to your buffet or tailgate party.
- 1/2 lb boneless pork chops, thin cut
- 16 cubes ham, 3/4-inch
- 16 cubes Swiss cheese, 3/4-inch
- 24 mini dill pickles
- 8 skewers , (8 to 10 inches)
- Cubano Rub1 Tbs olive oil
- 1 tsp orange zest, finely grated
- 1 1/2 tsp brown sugar, packed
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- 1 tsp dried thyme leaves, or oregano leaves
- 1/2 tsp garlic, pressed or minced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp paprika, (sweet)
- Cilantro-Citrus Dip1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 Tbs cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 Tbs spicy brown mustard
- 2 tsp lime juice
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp orange zest, finely grated
- In small bowl, combine ingredients for rub. Spread on both sides of pork chops. Grill chops or broil 4 inches from heat source 3 to 5 minutes, turning once, until cooked through. Let stand 5 minutes. Cut into 8 1/2-inch strips.
- On each skewer, thread 1 ham cube, 1 cheese cube, 1 pickle, 1 strip roasted pork (skewered three times in an "s" shape), 1 pickle, 1 ham cube, 1 cheese cube and 1 pickle.
- For the dip, combine all dip ingredients in small bowl. Makes about 1/2 cup. Serve along side kabobs.
Recipe courtesy of the National Pork Board
Calories from Fat 148 (56%)
(25%)Total Fat 16g
(32%)Saturated Fat 6g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 4g
Total Carbohydrate 8g
(6%)Dietary Fiber 2g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US-registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.