Curried Chicken Drumsticks on Gingered Vegetables
Butternut squash, crystallized ginger, and apple cider bring a taste of autumn to the curried drumsticks.
- 8 chicken drumsticks
- 1 1/2 lbs butternut squash, peeled and diced into 1/2 inch cubes (about 5 cups)
- 1 onion, diced into 1/2 inch cubes
- 2 potatoes, peeled and diced into 1/2 inch cubes
- 3 Tbs crystallized ginger, finely diced
- 1 cup apple cider
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- Preheat oven to 350 F. In a 9 x 13 inch baking dish, stir together butternut squash, onion, potatoes, crystallized ginger and apple cider. Sprinkle salt and pepper into mixture, stirring to coat.
- In small bowl, stir together curry powder, ground ginger and cumin.
- Place drumsticks in baking dish on top of vegetable mixture. Sprinkle spice mixture over drumsticks.
- Bake in preheated oven 1 hour, until vegetables are very tender and chicken is brown and cooked through.
Calories from Fat 118 (24%)
(20%)Total Fat 13g
(18%)Saturated Fat 4g
Polyunsaturated Fat 3g
Monounsaturated Fat 5g
Total Carbohydrate 65g
(21%)Dietary Fiber 5g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US-registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.