Curried Lamb Chops with Raita
Spoon cool, creamy yogurt sauce over curried lamb chops for a refreshing dinner.
- 8 lamb loin chops, 1-inch thick, trimmed (about 4 ounces each)
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 1/2 tsp curry powder
- 1/2 tsp lemon pepper
- 1/4 tsp cumin, ground
- 1/4 tsp cardamom, ground
- 1/4 tsp ginger, ground
- Raita1 8 oz cup plain, non-fat yogurt
- 1/3 cup cucumber, finely chopped
- 1 Tbs fresh mint, chopped
- 1 small clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp lemon peel, grated (garnish)
- Lamb ChopsArrange lamb chops in a glass baking dish.
- In bowl, combine lemon juice, onion, oil, curry powder, lemon pepper, cumin, cardamom, and ginger; mix well.
- Pour marinade over lamb; cover and refrigerate. Marinate 6 to 24 hours; turn occasionally.
- Broil 4 inches from heat source, 5 minutes on each side or to desired degree of doneness. Serve with Raita.
- RaitaCombine yogurt, cucumber, mint, garlic, and curry powder; mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate 6 to 24 hours to allow flavors to blend. Garnish with 1 tsp grated lemon peel
Calories from Fat 76 (37%)
(13%)Total Fat 8g
(15%)Saturated Fat 3g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 4g
Total Carbohydrate 4g
(1%)Dietary Fiber 0g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright 2015 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US-registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.