Curried Pork Salad
Give leftover cubed pork tenderloin an additional burst of flavor with the curry-fused dressing in this inspired salad.
- 16 oz cooked pork tenderloin, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 cups cooked white rice, room temperature
- 1 11 oz can mandarin oranges, drained and reservig 2-3 tablespoons of the juice
- 1/4 cup celery, diced
- 1/4 cup green onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise, low-fat
- 1 Tbs curry powder
- 1/4 cup roasted peanuts, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 tsp salt
- In large bowl toss together pork, rice, oranges, celery, onion and raisins. In small bowl, blend reserved juice, yogurt, mayonnaise, curry powder and salt. Pour dressing over salad; toss gently to coat all ingredients. Place salad in shallow serving bowl, garnish with peanuts.
Recipe courtesy of the National Pork Board
Serving Suggestion: Serve with toasted pita bread wedges for a lunch or light supper.
Calories from Fat 142 (30%)
(24%)Total Fat 16g
(18%)Saturated Fat 4g
Polyunsaturated Fat 5g
Monounsaturated Fat 6g
Total Carbohydrate 45g
(11%)Dietary Fiber 3g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US-registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.