Curried Raisin Rice Stuffed Pork Rib Chops with Caramelized Onions and Mushrooms
Pork goes beautifully with bursts of sweet flavors, like the raisins in this elegant dish that will wow your guests.
- 4 pork rib chops, 1 1/2-inch thick
- 1 7 oz bag white rice, (e.g. Success)
- 2 Tbs butter, divided
- 1/2 tsp curry powder
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 Tbs olive oil
- 2 white onions, peeled and cut into eighths
- 12 oz button mushrooms, sliced
- kitchen twine
- Heat the oven to 375 F. Prepare rice according to box directions and transfer into a medium size bowl. Add 1 tablespoon butter, curry powder, raisins and salt. Mix together.
- Cut a pocket in the sides of the chops and stuff each with about 1/3 cup of the curried rice mixture. Tie together with kitchen twine. Place stuffed chops on a rack in shallow roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, until for 40-50 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 160 F. when instant-read thermometer is inserted into thickest part of meat and not touching stuffing. Transfer stuffed chops to a cutting board. Loosely cover with foil; let rest for 5 minutes. Remove and discard kitchen twine before serving.
- Meanwhile, heat oil and remaining tablespoon of butter in a heavy skillet. Add onions and cook on low-medium heat for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add mushrooms and cook an additional 10 minutes.
- To serve, warm 4 dinner plates. Put one chop on each plate and divide onion-mushroom mixture and top chops.
Recipe courtesy of the National Pork Board
Calories from Fat 192 (37%)
(33%)Total Fat 22g
(35%)Saturated Fat 7g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 11g
Total Carbohydrate 56g
(15%)Dietary Fiber 4g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US-registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.