Curried Stir-Fried Lamb
Invite your guests to taste the exotic with this delightful dish.
- 2 Tbs peanut oil, divided
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3/4 lb boneless lamb leg or shoulder, sliced into 1/8-inch strips
- 1 small red apple, unpeeled and diced
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1/4 cup water chestnuts, sliced
- 6 oz snow peas
- 1 tsp fresh gingerroot, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 Tbs light soy sauce
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1/4 tsp curry powder
- 2 cups cooked rice
- In wok or large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-hot heat; add garlic and saute briefly. Add onions and lamb, stir-fry for about 2 to 3 minutes or until lamb is no longer pink. Remove from wok and keep warm. Add 1 tablespoon of oil to wok and heat over medium-high heat; add apples, bell pepper, celery, water chestnuts, snow peas, and ginger. Stir-fry until crisp tender. Return lamb mixture to wok and cook until the mixture is hot and well blended.
- In a small bowl, blend broth, soy sauce, cornstarch, and curry powder. Add to lamb mixture, stirring constantly until thickened and meat and vegetables are glazed. Serve over rice.
Calories from Fat 153 (40%)
(26%)Total Fat 17g
(27%)Saturated Fat 5g
Polyunsaturated Fat 3g
Monounsaturated Fat 7g
Total Carbohydrate 35g
(13%)Dietary Fiber 3g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US-registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.