Elegant Salmon Piccata
Janice Newell Bissex, MS, RD & Liz Weiss, MS, RD
Piccatas are a classic part of Italian cuisine and includes a refreshing sauce of lemon juice, butter, and fresh parsley.
- 4 6 ounce salmon fillets
- Kosher salt and pepper
- 1 Tbs butter
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup all-natural chicken broth
- Juice from one lemon (about 3 tablespoons)
- 1 Tbs all-purpose flour
- 2 Tbs capers, drained
- 2 Tbs finely minced fresh parsley
- Preheat the oven to 375 F. Sprinkle both sides of the salmon with salt and pepper, place on a baking dish, and cook until the salmon flakes easily with a fork, about 12 to 14 minutes.
- While the salmon is cooking, melt the butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Whisk together the broth, lemon juice and flour until well blended and add to the saucepan. Bring the mixture to a simmer, stirring constantly. Continue to simmer and stir gently until the liquid thickens slightly, about 2 minutes. Stir in the capers and parsley.
- Place the cooked salmon on a plate and drizzle with the sauce. Serve with rice and broccoli on the side.
Recipe courtesy of the National Fisheries Institute
Calories from Fat 119 (41%)
(20%)Total Fat 13g
(20%)Saturated Fat 4g
Polyunsaturated Fat 4g
Monounsaturated Fat 4g
Total Carbohydrate 3g
(1%)Dietary Fiber 0g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US-registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.