Fiesta Beef Ribeye Steaks
The lime juice, salsa, and Monterey Jack cheese sprinkled over these steaks convey the flavors of the Southwest.
- 4 beef ribeye or boneless top loin steaks, cut 3/4 inch thick (about 2 pounds)
- 2 Tbs fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup shredded Colby or Monterey Jack cheese
- 8 medium flour tortillas, warmed
- 1 cup prepared salsa
- Sprinkle beef steaks with lime juice. Place steaks on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill ribeye steaks, uncovered, 6 to 8 minutes (top loin steaks 10 to 12 minutes) for medium rare to medium doneness, turning occasionally.
- Top steaks with cheese. Serve with tortillas and salsa.
Recipe courtesy of the National Cattleman's Beef Association
To broil, place steaks on rack in broiler pan so surface of beef is 2 to 3 inches from heat. Broil ribeye steaks 8 to 10 minutes (top loin steaks 9 to 11 minutes) for medium rare to medium doneness, turning once.
Calories from Fat 143 (39%)
(24%)Total Fat 16g
(34%)Saturated Fat 7g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 6g
Total Carbohydrate 41g
(13%)Dietary Fiber 3g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright 2015 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US-registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.