Fish Sticks in a Flash
Cornmeal and Parmesan form the coating for crunchy homemade fish sticks that are as fast as they are fresh. Serve with your favorite cocktail or tartar sauce and lemon wedges.
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 pound farm-raised catfish fillets, cut into 1-inch thick strips
- Preheat the oven to 475F.
- Lightly oil or coat a large baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- Combine the cornmeal, cheese, garlic powder, and salt in a medium bowl and mix well.
- Place the oil in a small bowl. Lightly coat each piece of fish in the oil and then roll in the breading until well coated.
- Arrange the fish on the prepared baking sheet and bake until golden brown, 10 to 12 minutes.
Recipe courtesy of the National Fisheries Institute
Calories from Fat 210 (59%)
(36%)Total Fat 23g
(25%)Saturated Fat 5g
Polyunsaturated Fat 5g
Monounsaturated Fat 11g
Total Carbohydrate 13g
(5%)Dietary Fiber 1g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US-registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.