Flax Seed Apple Batter French Toast with Fruit Compote
- Fruit Compote1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup diced fresh pineapple
- 1/4 cup peeled and diced apple
- 1 tsp grated orange peel
- 1 tsp chopped fresh mint leaves
- French Toast1 Tbs ground flax seeds
- 3 Tbs apple butter
- 3/4 cup soy milk
- pinch ground or grated nutmeg
- pinch ground cinnamon
- pinch salt
- 1 tsp canola oil
- 4 large slices multigrain bread (about 3/4-inch thick)
- In a medium saucepan, bring juices to a boil. Add pineapple, apple and orange peel and cook until fruit is soft. Add mint. Set aside.
- Combine ground flax seeds, apple butter, soy milk, nutmeg, cinnamon and salt in a blender and mix until smooth. Transfer to shallow pan.
- Heat a large saute pan over medium and add canola oil. Dip both sides of bread into soy milk mixture and transfer to hot pan. Repeat for remaining slices. Cook until golden brown on both sides.
- Reheat fruit compote and serve 1/4 cup with 1 slice French toast.
Copyright 2005 by CR License, LLC
Calories from Fat 19 (19%)
(3%)Total Fat 2g
(1%)Saturated Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 1g
Total Carbohydrate 18g
(8%)Dietary Fiber 2g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US-registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.