Florentine Brunch Casserole
This casserole is hearty and tasty enough to be served as breakfast, brunch or even dinner!
- 4 cups cubed French or Italian bread, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 (10-ounce) packages frozen, chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped Canadian bacon or lean ham
- 2 cups shredded 2% milk sharp Cheddar cheese
- 8 eggs
- 2 cups skim milk
- 2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp dry mustard
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 cup reduced fat sour cream, optional
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Coat a 9 x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray. Layer bread pieces, spinach, onion, ham and cheese in casserole dish.
- In a large bowl, Beat together eggs, milk, thyme, salt, mustard and nutmeg; Blend well. Slowly Pour egg mixture into baking dish.
- Bake immediately, or cover and refrigerate overnight. Remove cover before baking. Bake until casserole is golden, puffy and center reaches 160ºF, about 25 to 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven; Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Top each serving with sour cream, if desired.
Calories from Fat 27 (9%)
(5%)Total Fat 3g
(0%)Saturated Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 0g
Total Carbohydrate 20g
(12%)Dietary Fiber 3g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US-registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.