Florentine Pork in French Bread Boats
For a light dinner or weekend lunch, transform ordinary bread loaves into the perfect vehicle for a tasty pork filling.
- 2 pork tenderloin, (about 12 ounces each)
- 1/3 cup Italian dressing, (reduced calorie)
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 2 medium tomato, seeded and diced
- 3 oz spinach, washed and trimmed
- 3 French bread (6 inch pieces), split lengthwise in half
- 4 tsp Parmesan cheese, grated
- Cut pork into slices 1/4-inch thick. Place pork in plastic bag; add dressing, turning to coat. Tie bag securely and marinate at least 15 minutes (no longer than 1 1/2 hours). Remove pork from marinade and discard marinade.
- Brown pork in oil in nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, about 4-5 minutes. Add tomatoes and spinach. Cover tightly and cook over medium-high heat 2-3 minutes or until spinach is wilted. Pour off liquid. Meanwhile remove soft centers from bread to form "boats". Spoon 1 cup pork mixture into each boat. Sprinkle each with equal amount of cheese.
Recipe courtesy of the National Pork Board
Serving Suggestion: Serve with pasta salad and fresh fruit.
Calories from Fat 82 (25%)
(14%)Total Fat 9g
(15%)Saturated Fat 3g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 0g
Total Carbohydrate 29g
(12%)Dietary Fiber 3g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US-registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.