This homemade version of expensive tincture formulas sold in natural food stores has quite a kick! It stimulates circulation and really stands up to an assault on the immune system.
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1-2 cloves garlic (optional)
- 1/4 cup finely shredded ginger
- 2 tsp wasabi powder, or to taste
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper, or to taste
- 2-4 Tbs raw honey
- In a blender, combine the vinegar, garlic (if desired), and ginger and blend until smooth. Pour through a fine strainer and press with the back of a spoon to extract as much juice as possible. Discard pulp.
- Whisk in the wasabi, cayenne, and honey.
- Store in a glass jar in the refrigerator. Serve 2 tablespoons at a time on an empty stomach. Add to 1 cup hot water for a warming tonic.
Copyright 2005 by Renee Loux
Calories from Fat 0 (0%)
(0%)Total Fat 0g
(0%)Saturated Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 0g
Total Carbohydrate 6g
(1%)Dietary Fiber 0g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US-registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.