French Silk Pie
Garnish with whipped cream, toasted slivered almonds and chocolate shavings.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 tsp cream of tartar
- 6 eggs
- 1 Tbs water
- 4 squares (1 oz. each) unsweetened chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, room temperature
- 1 Graham cracker crumb crust or basic baked piecrust
- Mix sugar and cream of tartar in medium saucepan. Add eggs and water; beat until well blended. Add chocolate; cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until chocolate is melted and temperature reaches 160F. Do not allow to boil. Remove from heat immediately.
- Cool quickly: Set pan in larger pan of ice water. Stir vigorously until temperature of mixture falls to 80F to 90F. Remove pan from ice water. Stir in vanilla.
- Beat butter in mixer bowl on medium speed until light and fluffy, 3 to 4 minutes. Add cooled egg mixture; beat on high speed 4 to 5 minutes. Pour into pie shell. Refrigerate at least 6 hours before serving.
Calories from Fat 297 (60%)
(54%)Total Fat 35g
(90%)Saturated Fat 18g
Polyunsaturated Fat 4g
Monounsaturated Fat 10g
Total Carbohydrate 45g
(12%)Dietary Fiber 3g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US-registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.