Fresh Clam Sauce
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 Tbs minced fresh garlic
- 2 lbs fresh clams, rinsed and scrubbed with a brush
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 1/2 Tbs fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cups clam juice
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 2 Tbs chopped fresh parsley
- In a large saute pan, combine olive oil and garlic. Saute for about 30 seconds over medium heat. Add clams and continue to saute. Add white wine and cook until most of wine has evaporated. Add lemon juice, clam juice and black pepper. Simmer until clams open, about 5 minutes. Remove clams. (Discard any that do not open.)
- In a small bowl or cup, combine cornstarch with 2 teaspoons water and mix to form a thin paste. Add to sauce and cook until thickened. Add fresh parsley.
- Divide clams into 4 portions. Serve clams over 1 cup cooked pasta with 1/2 cup sauce.
Copyright 2005 by CR License, LLC
Calories from Fat 9 (16%)
(2%)Total Fat 1g
(1%)Saturated Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 1g
Total Carbohydrate 4g
(1%)Dietary Fiber 0g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright 2015 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US-registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.