Fresh Tomato Basil Pasta Sauce
The quality of your ingredients really affects the outcome of this dish, so splurge at your local market and bring home some fresh produce! Enjoy!
- 4 vine-ripened tomatoes, diced
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, minced
- 1 Tbs balsamic vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 Tbs roasted garlic oil
- 3 roasted garlic cloves, minced
- In a bowl, combine vine tomatoes, fresh basil, balsamic vinegar, raw and roasted garlic cloves and roasted garlic oil. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover bowl and refrigerate for 24 hours. Serve on top of whole wheat pasta and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. You can also bake on top of a baguette for bruschetta.
Calories from Fat 3 (6%)
(1%)Total Fat 0g
(0%)Saturated Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 0g
Total Carbohydrate 11g
(8%)Dietary Fiber 2g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US-registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.