Frittata with Onion, Basil, and Tomato
Make this frittata on any busy weeknight--a one-pan, six-ingredient meal that's ready in no time.
- 1 large onion, cut into narrow wedges
- 3 Tbs olive oil, divided
- 1 cup fresh, chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 6 large eggs
- 1/4 cup grated Romano or Parmesan cheese
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in 10-inch skillet or saute pan. Add onion and saute 8 to 10 minutes or until golden.
- Remove about one-third of the onion from pan and keep warm. Add drained tomatoes and all but about 1 tablespoon basil to pan; cook with onions for 1 minute.
- Beat eggs in bowl with fork. Add onion, tomato, and basil mixture to eggs, stirring just to combine.
- Heat remaining 2 tablespoons oil in skillet. Pour egg mixture into hot skillet. Cover and cook over low heat until set, about 15 minutes.
- Top with reserved onions and basil; sprinkle with cheese. Let rest 2 or 3 minutes, then cut into wedges to serve.
Calories from Fat 186 (69%)
(32%)Total Fat 21g
(26%)Saturated Fat 5g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 11g
Total Carbohydrate 7g
(5%)Dietary Fiber 1g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright 2015 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US-registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.