This simple pasta is packed with the flavors of Italy and can be served as either a side or main dish.
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic, thinly sliced lengthwise
- 1 (28 oz.) can chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup sliced olives
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 3 Tbs tomato paste
- 1 Tbs chopped capers
- 1 1/2 tsp anchovy paste
- 1 1/2 tsp chopped oregano
- 1/4- 1/2 tsp dried red pepper flakes
- 10 oz whole wheat fusilli pasta, cooked
- Heat olive oil in a large sauce pan over medium heat. Add garlic and cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally until golden. Pour in tomatoes, olives, red wine and tomatoes paste and stir until evenly combined. Add capers, anchovy paste and oregano and season to taste with pepper flakes. Bring to a boil, cover and simmer over low heat, stirring occasionally for 20 minutes. Toss with fusilli pasta and serve immediately.
Calories from Fat 116 (26%)
(18%)Total Fat 12g
(0%)Saturated Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 0g
Total Carbohydrate 66g
(0%)Dietary Fiber 0g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US-registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.