Garden-Style Fish with Onions and Bell Peppers
Fresh fish shines when topped with a warmed, white wine reduction sauce, bell peppers, and onions.
- 2 cups sliced yellow onion
- 1 cup thinly sliced green and/or red bell peppers
- 3 Tbs olive oil
- 1 lb white fish fillets
- 1/2 tsp marjoram
- Garlic salt, to taste
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth or white wine
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a large skillet over medium heat and saute onions and bell peppers for 8 to 10 minutes, or until tender and lightly sauteed.
- Push the vegetables to one side of the skillet and add 1 tablespoon oil to pan.
- Place fish in single layer in pan. Spoon vegetables over fish and saute 2 to 5 minutes (depending on thickness of fillets), or until fish are cooked halfway through.
- Turn fish, sprinkle with marjoram and garlic salt and finish cooking. Add broth or wine to pan and continue to cook, uncovered, until liquid reduces slightly.
- Serve fish with pan juices and the vegetables spooned over the top.
Calories from Fat 112 (45%)
(19%)Total Fat 13g
(11%)Saturated Fat 2g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 8g
Total Carbohydrate 10g
(6%)Dietary Fiber 2g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright 2015 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US-registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.