Gazpacho Steak Salad
- 1 pound beef shoulder steak or 1 pound beef top round steak, cut 1 inch thick
- 1 can (5-1/2 ounces) spicy 100% vegetable juice
- 8 cups mixed greens or 1 package (10 ounces) romaine and leaf lettuce mixture
- 1 cup baby pear tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup cucumber, cut in half lengthwise, then into thin slices
- 1 cup chopped green bell pepper
- Salt and pepper
- Gazpacho Dressing:1 can (5-1/2 ounces) spicy 100% vegetable juice
- 1/2 cup chopped tomato
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Place beef steak and 1 can vegetable juice in food-safe plastic bag; turn steak to coat. Close bag securely and marinate in refrigerator 6 hours or as long as overnight.
- Combine dressing ingredients; refrigerate. Combine lettuce, teardrop tomatoes, cucumber and 1 cup green bell pepper; refrigerate.
- Remove steak from marinade; discard marinade. Place steak on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill shoulder steaks, uncovered, 16 to 20 minutes for medium rare to medium doneness (top round steak 16 to 18 minutes for medium rare doneness; do not overcook), turning occasionally. Carve steak across the grain into thin slices. Season with salt and pepper, as desired.
- Meanwhile prepare Crunchy Tortilla Strips. Add steak to salad mixture. Drizzle with dressing and top with tortilla strips.
Recipe courtesy of the National Cattleman's Beef Association
Crunchy Tortilla Strips: Heat oven to 400F. Cut 2 corn tortillas in half, then crosswise into 1/4-inch wide strips. Place strips in single layer on baking sheet. Bake 4 to 8 minutes or until crisp.
This recipe is an excellent source of protein, niacin, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, iron, selenium and zinc, and a good source of fiber.
Calories from Fat 86 (36%)
(15%)Total Fat 10g
(14%)Saturated Fat 3g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 6g
Total Carbohydrate 11g
(16%)Dietary Fiber 4g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US-registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.