Ginger Pork Salad
When lettuce, pork, and ginger collide, this salad is the zesty outcome. It's a combination that was destined to be together.
- 4 boneless pork cutlets, about 1/2-inch thick
- Marinade1/4 cup orange-passion juice
- 1/4 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1 Tbs ginger root, peeled and grated fresh
- 1 Tbs sesame oil
- Salad1 16 oz bags iceberg lettuce salad mix
- 1 10 oz bag hearts of romaine lettuce
- 1 15 oz can mandarin oranges
- 1/3 cup sweetened cherries, dried
- 1/3 cup almonds, honey-roasted flavored or toasted almonds, sliced
- 1 Tbs cilantro leaves, stemmed and finely chopped fresh, (optional)
- Dressing1/3 cup orange-passion juice
- 2 Tbs rice vinegar
- 1 Tbs canola oil
- 1 Tbs sesame oil
- 1 Tbs brown sugar, packed
- 1 tsp ginger, minced or finely grated
- Place pork in a resealable plastic bag; set aside. In small bowl, stir together marinade ingredients; pour over pork. Seal bag; refrigerate for at least 1 hour and up to 4 hours.
- When ready to cook; place pork cutlets on preheated medium-hot grill. Cook on grill for about 4-5 minutes per side, until internal temperature on a thermometer reads 160 F. Place grilled pork on cutting board; cut into strips and set aside.
- Meanwhile, place iceberg and romaine lettuce, oranges, cherries, almonds and cilantro in large bowl; toss to combine and set aside. Stir together dressing ingredients; when ready to serve, pour over lettuce mixture. Toss to coat.
- Divide mixture onto 4 dinner plates. Arrange grilled pork strips over top. Garnish with more almonds, if desired.
Recipe courtesy of the National Pork Board
Cooking Tip: For marinated pork chops, put pork in a self-sealing bag with marinade in the refrigerator first thing in the morning. By suppertime, pork chops can be removed from marinade and ready to grill.
Calories from Fat 188 (41%)
(35%)Total Fat 23g
(20%)Saturated Fat 4g
Polyunsaturated Fat 6g
Monounsaturated Fat 10g
Total Carbohydrate 47g
(27%)Dietary Fiber 7g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US-registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.