Ginger Vanilla Float
Ginger and coconut give an exotic twist to the traditional ice cream float.
- 2 scoops (about 1/3 cup each) vanilla ice cream
- chilled ginger beer or ginger ale
- squeeze of fresh lime juice
- 3 Tbs lightly sweetened whipped cream
- 1 Tbs toasted shredded coconut*
- lime slice, for garnish
- Place ice cream in a tall 16-ounce glass. Fill with ginger beer. Add a squeeze of lime juice; stir. Top with whipped cream and coconut. Garnish with lime slice. Serve immediately with straws and a spoon.
- To toast coconut:Heat an oven to 350F. Spread coconut on a baking sheet with sides. Bake in the center of the oven 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring often. Cool. Store in an airtight container.
Recipe courtesy of the California Milk Advisory Board
Calories from Fat 286 (53%)
(52%)Total Fat 34g
(128%)Saturated Fat 26g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 5g
Total Carbohydrate 61g
(22%)Dietary Fiber 6g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright 2015 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US-registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.