Gingered Pork and Melon Salad
Pork poached in ginger and orange juice is the center of this summer dinner salad featuring fruit flavors.
- 1 lb boneless pork loin, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 Tbs ginger, grated
- 2 cups melon balls, cantaloupes, watermelon, honeydew or a mixture
- 1 papaya, peeled, seeded and cubed
- 2 Tbs Grand Marnier, or other orange liqueur
- 6 cups mixed salad greens
- 1/2 cup peach yogurt
- In medium saucepan combine orange juice and ginger; bring to a simmer and add pork cubes. Simmer for about 5 minutes, until pork is cooked. Remove pork and remaining liquid to bowl, refrigerate uncovered to cool slightly, about 5-10 minutes.
- In medium bowl gently toss together melon, papaya, Grand Marnier, pork cubes and cooking liquid. On each of four plates place 1 1/2 cups salad greens. Serve equal portions pork-melon mixture atop greens, topped with 2 tablespoons yogurt.
Recipe courtesy of the National Pork Board
Calories from Fat 38 (12%)
(7%)Total Fat 4g
(7%)Saturated Fat 1g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 2g
Total Carbohydrate 38g
(15%)Dietary Fiber 4g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright 2015 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US-registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.