Grilled Asparagus Salad
For a light lunch or simple but delicious side dish, this asparagus salad fits the bill.
- 1 lb asparagus, tough ends removed
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp coarsely ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 Tbs lemon juice
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 6 thin slices of red onion (about 1 ounce)
- 1 cup olives, whole, pitted
- 2 Tbs grated Parmesan cheese
- Toss asparagus spears with 1 tablespoon olive oil in mixing bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Grill over medium-high heat for 5 to 7 minutes, turning to brown evenly. Reserve mixing bowl for dressing. While asparagus is cooking whisk together remaining oil, lemon juice and mustard in reserved bowl. Toss in red onions and set aside. Toss cooked asparagus with vinaigrette and olives. Transfer to serving plates and top with cheese.
Calories from Fat 99 (66%)
(17%)Total Fat 11g
(9%)Saturated Fat 2g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 5g
Total Carbohydrate 11g
(17%)Dietary Fiber 4g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright 2015 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US-registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.