Grilled Beef Steaks with Ancho Chili Rub
- 2 beef round (sirloin) tip center steaks, cut 1 inch thick (about 8 ounces each) or 4 well-trimmed boneless beef top loin (strip) steaks, cut 1 inch thick (about 2-1/2 pounds)
- Salt and pepper
- Ancho Chili Rub:1 tablespoon ground ancho chili powder
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried oregano leaves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated orange peel
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Combine rub ingredients; press evenly onto beef steaks.
- Place steaks on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill round (sirloin) tip center steaks, covered, 11 to 13 minutes for medium rare doneness, turning once; do not overcook. (Grill top loin steaks, uncovered, 15 to 18 minutes for medium rare to medium doneness, turning occasionally.) Season with salt and pepper, as desired.
Recipe courtesy of the National Cattleman's Beef Association
Beef Round (Sirloin) Tip Center Steaks are cut from the Beef Round Tip, Cap Off by following the natural seams to separate the tip side, tip center and tip bottom. The tip center is then cut across the grain into steaks. Steaks cut 3/4 inch thick average 6 ounces. Steaks cut 1 inch thick average 8 ounces.
This recipe is an excellent source of protein, niacin, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, selenium and zinc; and a good source of iron.
Calories from Fat 89 (44%)
(15%)Total Fat 10g
(17%)Saturated Fat 3g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 5g
Total Carbohydrate 2g
(4%)Dietary Fiber 1g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US-registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.