Grilled Eggplant Slices
These eggplant slices will melt in your mouth. Try topping them with just a spoonful of tomato or pesto sauce and a few gratings of fresh Parmesan cheese.
- 1 large eggplant (about 1 1/4 pounds or 570g)
- 3 Tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 3 Tbs balsamic vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or 1/2 tsp (2g) powdered
- 1/4 tsp salt (sea salt if on a corn-free diet*)
- Freshly grated black pepper
- Preheat a gas grill to high or build a fire in a kettle grill.
- Slice eggplant 1/3- to 1/2-inch (0.75 to 1.25cm) thick. In a small bowl, mix together the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic, salt, and pepper. Brush both sides of the eggplant slices with the mixture.
- Place eggplant on the preheated grill. If you wish to have nice grill lines, turn only once on each side. Grill eggplant slices 10 to 14 minutes.
* Allergy notes: People following a corn-free diet should avoid iodized salt since it contains dextrose, which should be avoided by those allergic to corn.
Calories from Fat 60 (74%)
(11%)Total Fat 7g
(5%)Saturated Fat 1g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 5g
Total Carbohydrate 5g
(10%)Dietary Fiber 3g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US-registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.