Grilled Floribbean Chicken with Tropical Olive Salsa
No matter where you are this "Florribean" chicken is packed with enough flavor to make you believe you're on a tropical vacation.
- 2 cups diced papaya (1/2-inch)
- 1 cup olives, wedged
- 1/2 cup diced tomatillos (1/4-inch)
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 Tbs chopped cilantro
- 1 Tbs minced red jalapeno peppers
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- 1 Tbs minced garlic
- 2 tsp minced ginger
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp curry powder
- dash allspice
- 4 (6 ounce) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, combine papaya, olives, tomatillos, green onions, orange juice, cilantro, jalapenos and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Cover and set aside.
- In a separate large mixing bowl, whisk together lime juice, basil, garlic, ginger, oil, chili powder, curry powder, remaining salt and allspice. Place chicken breasts in bowl and toss to evenly coat. Cover, refrigerate and marinate for at least 30 minutes. Grill marinated chicken over medium high heat for 5 minutes on each side or until completely cooked through. Transfer to serving plates and top each piece with approximately 4 1/2 ounces of salsa.
Calories from Fat 83 (31%)
(14%)Total Fat 9g
(8%)Saturated Fat 2g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 3g
Total Carbohydrate 20g
(15%)Dietary Fiber 4g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US-registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.