Grilled Lamb Burgers with Lemon-Rosemary Aioli
Step aside--this burger, piled high with charred eggplant and tomatoes, is going to take over your guests' taste buds.
- Lemon-Rosemary Aioli1/4 cup light mayonnaise
- 3 tsp garlic, minced and divided
- 3/4 tsp rosemary, chopped
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- Grilled Lamb Burgers1 small eggplant sliced crosswise into 4 slices, each about 1/2-inch thick
- 1 1/4 tsp salt, divided
- 1 1/2 lbs ground lamb
- 1 Tbs garlic, minced
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 4 Roma tomatoes, cut lengthwise in half, seeded
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 4 hamburger buns, split
- For dressing: In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, garlic, rosemary, and lemon juice; mix well.
- Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Place eggplant slices in a single layer on a baking sheet; sprinkle both sides of slices liberally with 1 teaspoon salt; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine lamb, garlic, pepper, and the remaining salt; mix lightly but thoroughly.
- Gently shape the lamb mixture into four patties, each about 1/2-inch thick.
- Rinse eggplant slices; pat dry.
- Brush both sides of eggplant slices and tomato slices with olive oil.
- Grill eggplant and tomato, covered, over medium, indirect heat 14 to 16 minutes.
- Place lamb patties over medium, direct heat; grill, covered, 7 to 9 minutes to medium doneness (160F), turning occasionally.
- Remove vegetables and burgers from grill.
- Place hamburger buns on the grill; toast 1 to 2 minutes.
- Spread 2 teaspoons aioli on bottom of each bun; top each with a burger.
- Place one eggplant slice and two tomato halves on each burger; top with additional 1 teaspoon aioli and top of bun.
Calories from Fat 245 (64%)
(41%)Total Fat 27g
(49%)Saturated Fat 10g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 11g
Total Carbohydrate 17g
(13%)Dietary Fiber 3g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US-registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.