Grilled Lamb Loin & Minted Celeriac Salad
This rich lamb salad combines fresh figs, celeriac, mint, and creme fraiche; then tops it off with a Cabernet dressing.
- 4 lbs lamb loin, trimmed and silver skin removed
- 2 Tbs kosher salt
- 2 Tbs ground fennel
- 2 Tbs ground coriander
- 1 Tbs ground pepper
- Cabernet Dressing:1/4 cup cabernet sauvignon wine
- 1/4 cup shallots, brunoise
- 2 Tbs rosemary, chopped
- 1 tsp Dijon-style mustard
- 1/2 cup virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper o taste
- Salads:1 bunch mint
- 2 lbs celery root
- 1/2 cup creme fraiche
- salt to taste
- 12 black figs (fresh or dried), sliced in quarters
- 2 cups arugula, torn into small pieces
- 1 cup radicchio leaves, torn into small pieces
- 1 cup frisee, centers only, torn into small pieces
- Marinate the lamb loins in salt, fennel, coriander and pepper for 10 minutes by rubbing them evenly by hand. Allow the loins to sit at room temperature for 15 minutes.
- On a hot grill or grill-pan, mark all sides of the loins and grill to medium-rare; allow the loins 5 minutes to cool and rest.
- Cabernet DressingCombine the wine and shallots in a small mixing bowl for 15 minutes. Add the rosemary, mustard, olive oil, salt and pepper and whisk together to form vinaigrette.
- Salad Finely julienne the mint and celery root. Season the creme fraiche with a bit of sea salt and toss with mint and celery root. In a separate bowl, toss the figs, arugula, radicchio and frisee with just enough cabernet vinaigrette to dress salad.
- To serve slice the loins thinly and place on a plate in a shingled manner, leaving room for the two salads on the side. Season the lamb with sea salt and a bit of the cabernet vinaigrette. Add a small amount of each salad on the side.
Calories from Fat 297 (58%)
(51%)Total Fat 33g
(59%)Saturated Fat 12g
Polyunsaturated Fat 3g
Monounsaturated Fat 16g
Total Carbohydrate 23g
(20%)Dietary Fiber 5g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US-registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.