Grilled Lamb Skewers with Almond Salsa Verde
Almond salsa verde offers a true taste of the Mediterranean alongside these zesty grilled lamb skewers.
- 1 1/2 lbs lamb tenderloin, trimmed of all fat and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 Tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup almonds
- 1 cup fresh chopped flat leaf parsley
- 2 Tbs fresh chives, chopped
- 1 Tbs fresh chopped mint
- 1 tsp each fresh oregano, chopped
- 3 Tbs capers, chopped
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 Tbs lemon juice
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Lemon wedges and fresh mint sprigs as a garnish
- Soak bamboo or rosemary skewers in water for 30 minutes.
- Place the lamb in a bowl and drizzle with olive oil. Toss together and let sit until you are ready to grill.
- Preheat an oven to 350ºF. Place the almonds on a baking sheet and bake until light golden, 8 to 10 minutes. Chop the almonds coarsely.
- In a bowl, stir together the almonds, parsley, chives, mint, oregano, capers, shallots, lemon zest, garlic, lemon juice, and extra virgin olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Thread the lamb on the rosemary skewers, distributing evenly. Grill the lamb, turning occasionally, until the lamb is slightly firm to the touch, 6 to 8 minutes total.
- To serve, place the skewers of lamb on a platter. Spoon the salsa verde into a small bowl and place it alongside. Garnish with lemon wedges and mint sprigs and serve immediately.
Calories from Fat 374 (84%)
(64%)Total Fat 42g
(62%)Saturated Fat 12g
Polyunsaturated Fat 4g
Monounsaturated Fat 23g
Total Carbohydrate 3g
(4%)Dietary Fiber 1g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US-registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.