Grilled Marinated Steak and Vegetables
Italian dressing is put to tasty use here, flavoring the meat and accompanying tomatoes, zucchini, and button mushrooms.
- 2 lbs boneless steak (top round, sirloin or flank)
- 1 cup Italian salad dressing, divided
- 12 oz (about 3-3/4 cups) large white button mushrooms, halved
- 1 large red onion, cut in 8 wedges
- 2 small (about 2 cups) zucchini, cut in 1-inch rounds
- 8 large cherry tomatoes
- Preheat grill or broiler. With fork tines pierce steak on both sides. In a shallow pan or resealable plastic bag place steak. Add 1/2 cup of the salad dressing; turn meat to coat; marinate for 15 minutes. In the center of a broiler rack or grill place steak (discard marinade). Cook steak about 5 minutes; turn.
- Place mushrooms, onion and zucchini around steak; brush vegetables lightly with Italian dressing. Cook until meat is done as desired (6 to 8 minutes longer for medium rare) and vegetables are tender, adding cherry tomatoes a few minutes before steak is done.
- Transfer steak to a carving board; let stand for 5 minutes. Place vegetables in a bowl; sprinkle with any remaining dressing. Cut meat in thin diagonal slices and serve with vegetables
Calories from Fat 215 (57%)
(36%)Total Fat 23g
(46%)Saturated Fat 9g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 10g
Total Carbohydrate 9g
(8%)Dietary Fiber 2g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US-registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.