Grilled Mushroom and Garlic Salad
Mellowed by cooking, the health-promoting garlic pairs perfectly with fresh leafy greens and tomatoes.
- 1 head garlic
- 1 lb (about 6 cups) white button mushrooms, halved
- 3 Tbs olive oil, divided
- 1 Tbs red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 cups watercress leaves, arugula or spinach
- 1 cup cherry tomato halves or diced tomatoes
- Preheat grill or broiler.
- Separate garlic head into cloves; if large, cut cloves in half; peel. Fill a small saucepan with 3 inches of water; bring to a boil. Add garlic; cook until tender, about 5 minutes, drain.
- In a large bowl toss mushrooms and garlic with 2 tablespoons olive oil.
- To grill, place mushrooms and garlic in a grill basket or on skewers, or to broil place on broiler pan rack. Grill or broil as close to the heat as possible until mushrooms are tender, and golden turning occasionally, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil, the vinegar, mustard, salt and black pepper. Add mushrooms and garlic, watercress and tomatoes; toss to coat; serve immediately
Calories from Fat 94 (69%)
(17%)Total Fat 11g
(7%)Saturated Fat 1g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 7g
Total Carbohydrate 8g
(8%)Dietary Fiber 2g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US-registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.