Grilled Mushrooms with Sherry
Mushrooms and sherry were made for each other. This simple, classic dish is a perfect accompaniment to a juicy steak.
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 lb white button mushrooms, stemmed and halved
- 3 Tbs unsalted butter
- 1 tsp minced fresh garlic
- 1/4 cup dry Sherry
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat grill or broiler.
- In a medium bowl, combine oil, salt and pepper; add mushrooms and toss well. Transfer mushrooms to a grilling basket or rack in a broiler pan and grill or broil until lightly browned and softened, turning occasionally, about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, melt butter and add garlic; cook and stir until garlic is softened and pale gold, about 1 minute. Add sherry and simmer for 1 minute. Stir in mushrooms and parsley; toss well.
- Serve over grilled hamburgers, or toasted French or Italian bread as an appetizer.
Calories from Fat 68 (74%)
(12%)Total Fat 8g
(16%)Saturated Fat 3g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 4g
Total Carbohydrate 3g
(3%)Dietary Fiber 1g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US-registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.