Grilled Peppery Top Round Steak with Parmesan Asparagus
Marinating the top round creates a more succulent and savory steak. Serve with orzo or your favorite pasta.
- 1 beef top round steak, cut 3/4 inch thick (about 1 pound)
- 1 lb asparagus, trimmed
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 3 Tbs shredded Parmesan cheese
- hot cooked orzo (optional)
- Marinade1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 1 Tbs fresh thyme
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp steak seasoning blend
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper
- Combine marinade ingredients in medium bowl. Place beef steak and marinade in food-safe plastic bag; turn steak to coat. Close bag securely and marinate in refrigerator 6 hours or as long as overnight, turning occasionally.
- Remove steak from marinade; discard marinade. Toss asparagus with oil. Place steak in center of grid over medium, ash-covered coals; arrange asparagus around steak. Grill steak, uncovered, 8 to 9 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, covered, 10 to 11 minutes) for medium rare (145F) doneness, turning occasionally. Grill asparagus 6 to 10 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, covered, 8 to 12 minutes) or until crisp-tender, turning occasionally.
- Immediately sprinkle cheese over asparagus. Carve steak into thin slices. Season with salt, as desired. Serve with asparagus and orzo, if desired.
Calories from Fat 92 (39%)
(15%)Total Fat 10g
(30%)Saturated Fat 6g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 0g
Total Carbohydrate 5g
(10%)Dietary Fiber 2g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US-registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.