Grilled Rainbow Trout Quesadillas
These rainbow trout quesadillas are an interesting take on Southwestern cuisine.
- 12 (4 ounces each) rainbow trout fillets
- 3/4 pound shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 3/4 pound shredded Cheddar cheese
- 12 (10-inch) flour tortillas
- 1 quart tomato salsa
- 1-1/2 cups sour cream
- 4 avocados (medium, 48 count)
- Season trout fillets with salt and pepper; saute or grill until just cooked through, about 2 minutes per side. Remove and discard skin; break up trout into bite size pieces. Refrigerate until needed.
- Per order: arrange 1/4 cup of each cheese over half of one tortilla. Top cheese with 1/3 cup trout and 1/3 cup salsa; fold tortilla in half. Place tortilla on hot, dry griddle; cook, turning once, until tortilla is lightly browned on both sides and cheese is melted. Cut into quarters and serve with 2 tablespoons sour cream, and 1/3 of a peeled, sliced avocado.
- Variation: Substitute 4 cups flaked, smoked Rainbow Trout for Clear-Cuts Boneless Rainbow Trout fillets.
Recipe courtesy of the National Fisheries Institute
Calories from Fat 350 (47%)
(61%)Total Fat 40g
(85%)Saturated Fat 17g
Polyunsaturated Fat 4g
Monounsaturated Fat 16g
Total Carbohydrate 51g
(30%)Dietary Fiber 8g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US-registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.