Grilled Shrimp with Prosciutto
Prosciutto-wrapped shrimp makes a quick and colorful meal.
- 1 lb medium shrimp, fresh
- 6 Tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbs fresh rosemary leaves, chopped
- 2 Tbs fresh garlic, chopped
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tsp grated lemon zest
- 1/2 lb prosciutto, sliced very thin
- salt and pepper
- Peel and devein the shrimp, leaving the tails on. In a large bowl, combine oil, rosemary, garlic red pepper flakes, lemon zest, salt and pepper. Add the shrimp and toss to coat well. Let marinade in refrigerator for one hour.
- Preheat the grill and coat with oil or cooking spray to prevent sticking.
- Slice the prosciutto in half lengthwise. Remove the shrimp from the marinade and tightly wrap each in a slice of the prosciutto. Place the shrimp on the hot grill and cook for about 2 to 3 minutes per side until the shrimp is opaque (cut to test). Do not overcook. Serve with lemon wedges.
Recipe courtesy of the National Fisheries Institute
Calories from Fat 242 (58%)
(42%)Total Fat 27g
(24%)Saturated Fat 5g
Polyunsaturated Fat 3g
Monounsaturated Fat 15g
Total Carbohydrate 3g
(1%)Dietary Fiber 0g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US-registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.