Gyro-Burger with Yogurt Sauce
You will never want a plain burger again after sinking your teeth into this one.
- 1 lb ground lamb
- 1 tsp oregano leaves, crushed
- 3/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp cumin, ground
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 pita bread rounds
- 1 cup spinach, chopped
- Yogurt Sauce3/4 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 2/3 cup cucumber, peeled and chopped
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 Tbs fresh mint, chopped
- 1/4 tsp granulated sugar
- Salt to taste
- In a large bowl, combine oregano, garlic powder, pepper, onion powder, cumin, and salt. Add ground lamb; mix well.
- Form into four patties, about 3/4-inch thick. Grill over medium coals or broil for around 5 minutes on each side, or to desired degree of doneness.
- In a medium bowl, combine yogurt, chopped cucumber, sliced green onion, mint, and sugar.
- Split open each pita half, forming a pocket. Place gyro-burger in each pocket; top with chopped spinach and yogurt sauce.
Calories from Fat 258 (57%)
(44%)Total Fat 28g
(61%)Saturated Fat 12g
Polyunsaturated Fat 3g
Monounsaturated Fat 11g
Total Carbohydrate 24g
(14%)Dietary Fiber 3g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US-registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.